B Com - Bachelor of Commerce
What is B Com(Bachelors of Commerce)
Bachelor of Commerce is a three-year undergraduate service administered in both full-time and distance learning formats. B.Com is the most popular program in the commerce stream, with the majority of commerce pupils enrolling in a B.Com program at the undergraduate level.
Individuals have 2 options when it comes to UG commerce courses: B.com and B.com honors.
The fundamental goal of the B.com graduate program is to provide training in the areas of commerce and finance. Throughout this three-year graduate program, students can also take subjects. Budgetary control, corporation tax, finance, corporate law, audit, business administration, and other topics are covered during the course of the B.com degree programs three years.
Individuals who get a B.com may work in administration, education, marketing, media, mass communication, legal, design, and other fields. A graduate’s beginning pay ranges from Rs 3 lakhs to Rs 4 lakhs.
Eligibility Requirements for B Com Bachelor of Commerce
It is impossible to specify factors that apply to every college when discussing enrollment for a certain subject at schools around the country. As a result, applicants should review the standard eligibility requirements for B.Com admission in India, which are listed below.
- Applicants must have achieved an elementary or comparable educational level from a recognized university.
- Colleges have different reasonable percentage requirements. For example, in major universities such as University Of Delhi or Mumbai University, the cut-off percent for B.Com can be as higher as 99 percent, while at some institutions, it can be as low as 45 percent.
- This course does not have any specified stream requirements. Applicants who have passed 10+2 with Commerce major, on the other hand, may be given precedence over other pupils.
- Applicants for some colleges will be required to pass admission exams.
Admission process for B Com Bachelor of Commerce
The B.Com admissions method is through either entrance examinations or on the basis of evidence.
B.Com Direct Admissions:
- Many colleges in India, follows direct admission process.
- Applicants are chosen for this track based on their performance in the Intermediate exam.
- Applicants must just register to the college or institution for this.
- Following the release of the board results, institutions will announce their cut-off score.
- Applicants will be qualified for enrollment at the desired college if their results are higher than or equal to the cut-off levels.
- If applicants do not meet the cut-off point on the first cut-off list, they will have to either wait for the new cut-off list or enroll to an institution with a lower cut-off value.
Entrance Examinations for B.Com Admissions
- The second option for B.Com admission is to undertake entrance tests.
- Applicants are chosen for this course based on their performance in an institute’s entrance exams.
- Individuals must first register to the institute for this.
- Candidates will be given an exam date by the institution.
- After the test results are released, the institution will publish the cut-off or merit list.
- Applicants who made it to the waiting lists will be able to register in the program.
Aptitude Tests for Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com)
Several educational institutions run their own admission exams in order to evaluate individuals for their B.Com degree. This aids the admissions committee in determining the candidate’s competence. The following are among the most popular B.Com admission tests.
- Undergraduate Entrance Test at Banaras Hindu University
- NPAT NMIMS
- Telangana Gurukulam Common Entrance Test for Undergraduates
Why Should You Study B.com?
- Individuals who intend to pursue MBA or work in administration should seek a B.com degree.
- The B.com programme is for individuals who want to start their own company or be an entrepreneur.
- This curriculum is for enthusiastic and responsible individuals who are loyal to themselves and want to try their luck at business.
- The training will assist you in comprehending market demands as well as numerous global trends. This B.com talent is useful for those considering a career in the marketplace.
Excellent Career Options
Following a B.Com degree, B.Com graduates have several possibilities, including M.Com, MBA, CA, CS, MCA, and a variety of certificate courses.
Organizational changes that is significant
Graduation demonstrates endurance, perseverance, resourcefulness, and the necessary to manage difficult situations, all of which are qualities necessary of managers and directors. As a result, after earning a B.Com, one is able to operate in a healthier location than he or she would otherwise.
Operate in Huge Areas
After completing a B.Com, a candidate has a wide range of options in which to put their skills into action. Based on one’s hobbies and interests, individuals can be involved in financial management, accountancy, banking, and so forth.
Who Must Pursue a B.com Degree?
- B.com, like any other program, must be carefully selected by students in order to get the desired outcome.
- For applicants who desire to continue and thrive in the management field, a B.com degree would be a good starting point.
- B.com will provide students with the fundamentals of the M Com training program, making it a great choice for M Com students.
- The need for B.com students has raised in both the public and private sectors so over years.
B.Com Career Options
Candidates interested in pursuing a career in the Commerce field can choose from a variety of specializations available in the B.Com programme. Accounting, tax, administration, and other specializations are available. Specializations differ from one institution to the next.
The specialization of the Bachelor of Commerce will determine the career pathway. It is important for all students to decide if they wish to pursue careers in accounting, tax, finance, or another field. They must select a specialty based on their personal interests in the subject. The following are some of the most common B.Com specializations:
Financial accountancy is a sort of accountancy that includes documenting, analyzing, and reporting for an amount of time the plethora of activities that arise from business activities. These activities are documented in the financial reporting, which include the financial statement, operating income, and cash flows, and show the company’s operational performance over a specified period.
The section teaches accounting, personal finance, and economic theory topics, with a special focus on taxes, which would be defined as a technique of charging persons who earn ‘taxable’ income. To put it differently, a B.com core curriculum focuses on the systematic study of concepts in the areas of taxation and key information, in addition to the general course study in Commerce.
Financial audit is a process of checking an organization’s financial records to whether they’re correct and in compliance for any legal regulations, rules, and laws. Auditors come in from outside organization to analyze financial and accounting records and to provide an unbiased opinion on them.
ll public corporations are required by law to undertake audit work of their financial reports. Internal audit operate for the organization as internal employees, examining documents and assisting in the development of work processes such as management, internal control systems, risk assessment, and administration.
Banking and Insurance
The training was designed to bring together skilled personnel who can perform a variety of financial services and health coverage economic transactions, efficiently continue operating in the financial and finance ecosystem within the financial services industry, and handle the various banking and financial technologies that are used.